All of us who are born again Christians have a desire to be “more” when it comes to our walk with the Lord. I mean I have had deep conversations with hundreds maybe even thousands of men and women over the last 30 years and we all have one thing in common…. I want to be more or better at _____________ or I think that I have the gift of or I want the gift of _____________ in my life, I just don’t know how.
So what about you? What is your desire? What if I told that I had the answer for you?
Here are the gifts that I hear most people wanting or feeling they may have……
- The gift of wisdom: the ability to make decisions and give guidance that is according to God’s will.
- The gift of knowledge is the ability to have an in-depth understanding of a spiritual issue or situation.
- The gift of faith is being able to trust God and encourage others to trust God, no matter the circumstances.
- The gift of healing is the miraculous ability to use God’s healing power to restore a person who is sick, injured, or suffering.
- The gift of miracles is being able to perform signs and wonders that give authenticity to God’s Word and the Gospel message.
- The gift of prophecy is being able to proclaim a message from God.
- The gift of discerning spirits is the ability to determine whether or not a message, person, or event is truly from God.
- The gift of tongues is the ability to speak in a foreign language that you do not have knowledge of, in order to communicate with someone who speaks that language.
- The gift of interpreting tongues is the ability to translate the tongues speaking and communicate it back to others in your own language.
- The gift of administration is being able to keep things organized and in accordance with God’s principles.
- The gift of helps is always having the desire and ability to help others, to do whatever it takes to get a task accomplished.
First of all let me say this; God can use any one of these gifts at any time in your life, depending on the situation you are in or how he wants to use you. Secondly, we should be very careful when seeking any gifts, our walk is not about the gift it’s about the giver of the gifts. With that said GOD GIVES US All GIFTS to use for His glory and to point non-Christians to Him.
So here is the key, it’s really very simple……..
Spend time with God…. Spend time in His word, spend time in worship, spend time in prayer and when you are done, spend more time with Him. KNOW HIS WORD, understand His word, devour his word, meditate on his word, saturate yourself in his word and then you will know Him, you will know His voice, his heart, his LOVE!!
Then he will know he can trust you to hear his direction, his assignments — it is really quite simple — KNOW HIM and MAKE HIM KNOWN —
When you meet someone who has been with the Lord you KNOW IT and it always stirs you on to want to have what they have — it’s not magic, it’s not just for some chosen few — it for YOU!!!
I love you and desire the best for you, our lives are not about living and then dying, we have PURPOSE in our lives, look around you right now and you will see your purpose.
Have an epic day today